Thursday, June 11, 2015

Love at Stake series by Kerrelyn Sparks

























I have not been on a reading binge in some time. Since we are enjoying the lovely weather here, I decided while getting my tan on I'd catch up on one of my favorite series Love at Stake by Kerrelyn Sparks. I didn't just read one but two of her books yesterday. How to Seduce a Vampire (Without Really Trying) and Crouching Tiger Forbidden Vampire. As usual I loved both these books. Kerrelyn never disappoints. Until I read the Acknowledgements at the end of Crouching Tiger. That was the end....perhaps only temporary. (Yes I am a little behind....Ok a lot behind) While I am excited to read her new book what ever that may be, I'm a little saddened that we have come to the end of Love at Stake. Her vampire books are the ones that lured me into the vampire and paranormal romance genre. There was twists and turns and no "same old same old" that happens to some other series the longer they go on. I love her ability to make you fall in love with her characters and get a few laughs along the way. She was able to make you loath the Malcontents and Master Han and surprise you in the end. To get the reader emotionally enthralled with your work is a sign of a truly talented writer. 

So for now, hopefully not forever *fingers crossed" we say goodbye to the vampires of the Love at Stake series and look forward to a new series by one of our favorite authors Kerrelyn Sparks. 





No comments:

Post a Comment