Tuesday, December 31, 2013

One Lucky Vampire by Lynsay Sands

BLURB:

Luck be a vampire tonight . . .

When Nicole Phillips agreed to hire a housekeeper, she pictured someone a little frumpy and almost certainly female. Instead, she gets gorgeous, unmistakably male Jake Colson. The man is proving indispensable in the kitchen—and everywhere else. Except Jake might not be a mortal man at all.

. . . and every night

Who wouldn't want to be a tall, dark, powerful vampire? Jake, for one. He's barely had time to adjust to his new state before he's roped into a family favor. Still, secretly playing bodyguard to sweet, sexy Nicole is turning out to be the wildest ride of his life. First he'll put a stop to whoever's targeting her. Then he'll prove that this kind of love, and luck, happens only once in an eternity


REVIEW:

SPOILERS!!!   This is the19th book in the Argeneau series. I have enjoyed this series over all, Lynsay Sands is a good writer. I love her unique explanation of the origins of “vampires” and their need for blood. The only problem I have is the last few books have become predictable. You meet the main two characters with in the first chapter. Then Marguerite, the matriarch of the Argeneau family, whose gift is to know when two people are life mate’s, shows up and somehow arranges for the two to meet. Then of course there is a small conflict between the characters, usually it is one of them coming to terms with the other being a vampire. Then within the story there is a problem/conflict but it is resolved in a short period of time. The End….

What happened to renegade vampires? A central villain/bad guy? I know this is a paranormal romance so the focus is on the characters and their relationship, but there has to be more to a story other than just hot sex then passing out(for those who have read the book you will know what that  means LOL). Don’t get me wrong, I love a hot sex scene as much as the next person, but for me there has to be a story as well, one that will hold my attention and have me wanting more. Have me begging for the next book. I may be in the minority about this, but this is only my opinion on the series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment